Bespoke Skincare & Aromas
This post originally appeared HERE by CJ
I am a big fan of using essential oils in my skincare routine, as these potent ingredients can make such a big difference to your skin and can alter your mood, depending if you need to relax or energise.
As you might remember I discovered the fantastic Eden’s Semilla last month and I reviewed their organic, cold pressed Jojoba Oil, if you missed this you can check it out HERE.
This time I have been using their extensive range of their premium quality 100% natural essential oils. I have always wanted to have my own collection of oils as it’s a great way to create your own bespoke skincare and I have recently got into using an electric aromatheraphy diffuser from Organic Aromas which has been a fantastic tool as you can choose the strength of how much fragrance is released and changes colour which if I focus on combined with these oils have really helped to alter my mood.
There are a number of essential oils to choose from, here is a list of those which I have been using:
- Lavender – I have used this oil for many years in various forms as I find it helps to reduce my stress levels and ease tension, I have been adding a drop into hand cream at night and onto my bed sheets.
- Pine Tree – I like to use this in the diffuser once I have cleaned to refresh the whole house, bringing the fresh outdoors, indoors.
- Frankincense – Has been shown to reduce heart rate and is often used to treat anxiety. A potent stress reliever when inhaled or when added to a hot bath. Contains natural healing properties and offers effective skin protection.
- Tea Tree – This has been an essential for me over the years, as it has fantastic antiseptic, anti fungal and antibacterial properties. I liked add a few drops into my shower gel, shampoo or under hot running water to soak in the bath with. It works fantastically in a diffuser as insects don’t like the aroma.
- Rosemary – I find this really helps to open the air ways when added to the diffuser and if i’ve pushed it too hard in the gym to combine with arnica for a double action anti-flammation benefits.
- Sandal-Wood – I like to add this to my body lotion if im going on a night out or a date, as it has quite a sensual tone and perfect to enhance the mood at the end of the evening.
- Sweet Orange – Fantastic to add to hand wash in the kitchen and in the diffuser to remove any left over food aromas like fish or garlic.
- Pepper-Mint – If i’ve had a hard day at work to burn this in the diffuser helps to clear my head, but I also like to add it to some shea butter and rub on my temples and the back of my neck for an instant cooling and refreshing hit.
- Eucalyptus – This is a must have essential for me, as we head into the colder months, this works brilliantly to decongest any cold or flu symptoms. It also works well in the diffuser to refresh the bedroom and helps me feel cooler in the Summer heat.
- Lemon-Grass – This is one of my favourite uplifting aromas, great to use with my morning shower or as a pick me up in the diffuser mid afternoon.
- Cinnamon – Adding a few drops to an aftershave balm can help to reduce any inflammation or soreness and always reminds me of festive times.
- Bergamot – A refreshing citrus aroma that I like to use with my shower gel on a morning and is perfect in the diffuser mid evening just before the sun sets.
Each of these fantastic essential oils come in a dark tinted glass bottle, which is designed to preserve the potency. I would recommend storing out of sunlight in a dark cupboard to ensure effectiveness. I would always dilute when applying to the skin either with a carrier oil or added into a favourite moisturiser, shower gel or mask. Also be aware certain essential oils are to be avoided during pregnancy so be sure to double check with your doctor before use.
I have thoroughly enjoyed experimenting with these oils and finding new ways in which to use them and I hope you do too.
If you would like to find out more information about this range of Essential Oils then I suggest visiting their online shop where you can browse the full range and decide which is best for you to try. They can be purchased individually or there are two pre-blended collections for your convenience.
Are you a fan of using essential oils in your skincare?
Do you like using aromatherapy to fragrance your home?